The Successful Generations Podcast with Ellie Frey Zagel
I so enjoyed my conversation with Richard Seaman. I couldn’t help but ask him question after question. So, I turned our conversation into three episodes. In this episode we discuss how family philanthropy helps to engage the passion of the next generations.
This is Part 2/BONUS episode of a three part series.
Here is the initial question I asked Richard:
How does family philanthropy play a role in your family business?
In this episode, we talk about how family philanthropy:
- Helps us give back
- Creates multigenerational sustainability
- Allows the next generation to explore different passions
- Provides a teaching role about the community, family business, wealth…
- Creates stewardship
- Founder Intent
- Can bind the family together
We also talk about:
- Donor intent
- Mission creep
- How trustees reputation can influence the reputation of the foundation and the business